Reporting to the OSF RiverPlex Supervisor and the Director of Business and Community Health and according to department policies provides nursing coverage for all Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and/or Medical participants at the RiverPlex. Assess individual participant's health problems, concerns, and questions. Provides exercise progression as well as psychosocial support to participants and their families. Participates in formal and informal education of participants, their families and the community. In doing so, demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care that is appropriate to the ages of the participants served. Develops and teaches quality assurance indicators for OSF Saint Francis RiverPlex programs and staff.
- The job incumbent is required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the participants served.
- This requires that the incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional and psycho social needs of the patient population served.
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge of nursing practice and theory and a current state license as a Registered Nurse.
- Obtains and maintains ACLS certification as required by department.
- Work requires a minimum of 1 year experience in the acute patient care setting and 3 to 6 months of department specific on the job training to learn policies, procedures and work routines; to develop proficiencies in use of medical equipment and instruments used; to learn nursing care and quality assurance standards; and gain an understanding of the type of patients cared for in the department, their needs, and effective interventions.
- Work requires the interpersonal skills necessary to comfort patients, family members and/or significant others; to communicate effectively and concisely with other patient care providers; and to instruct patients, family members and/or significant others in self care/home care procedures.
- Work requires analytical ability necessary to assess patients' physical, psychological and social needs, develops individualized patient care plans, and evaluate patients' responses to medical and nursing interventions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.