The Bioengineering Intern will be part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will be assigned to a specific biomedical engineering problem. During the ten week paid internship period, candidates will have the opportunity to collaborate with professionals through the OSF HealthCare, including the core engineering team, physicians, business personnel, and leadership, including the Chief Medical Officer. The program seeks to foster future interest and skills in the area of biomedical engineering innovation and implementation, while simultaneously participating on a project that has been chosen for its potential for real value at completion.
· Collaborate with project team to achieve assigned goals.
· Communicate effectively with healthcare professionals in areas of direct patient care, business, education, and innovation.
· Present project information with demonstrable command of knowledge and direction in an effective style.
· Apply engineering skillset to design and implement project solutions, including but not limited to the use of CAD software and rapid prototyping techniques.
· Employ documentation skills to ensure the safe transfer of project information.
· Respect the dignity of individuals within the healthcare setting through the appropriate discretion with regards to health information.
Progress towards the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field.
Minimum 3.5 or higher scale overall current undergraduate GPA.
Capable of working efficiently in SolidWorks or experience in other CAD software.
Thorough understanding of rapid prototyping techniques including available 3D printing methods (Forced deposition, extrusion, digital light projection, steriolithography, etc.) and fabrication techniques (injection molding, lost core/wax, direct molding, roto-casting, etc.).
Previous research or project experience in relevant areas.
Demonstrated aptitude in acquisition of software skills.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.