The Director of Employee Relations reports to the Executive Director of Workforce Management/Employee Relations. Responsible for designing, organizing, implementing, directing, and evaluating programs that support the employee relations, and retention of the Best People, and facilitates the formulation of long-and short-term planning initiatives that coincide with the operating units vision and strategic objectives. Partners with operating unit’s department managers to provide process consultation support in the areas of people and organizational development, and employee relations.
- Knowledge of HR/organization development skill sets, including group dynamics, analysis and diagnosis, intervention design, facilitation, contracting, research and data collection, evaluation, training, and theory application.
- In addition, personnel laws, management principles, and employee relations concepts at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Organization Development, Organization Psychology, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, or related field.
- Approximately 5 years progressively more responsible, related experience in order to gain in-depth knowledge of recruitment, employment, and personnel record keeping functions and effective employee relations and retention.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective communication and to lead others at all levels of the medical center toward the accomplishment of strategic goals.
- Advanced analytical skills necessary in order to diagnose organizational problems and to develop and implement new organization development, training, recruiting, retention, and employee relations initiatives and interventions; determine department expense and revenue budgets; and prepare reports and analysis.
- Excellent written communication skills necessary for preparing accurate and appropriate documentation, reports, and presentations.
- Computer skills necessary to enter and manipulate words and data and use standard microcomputer-based software to communicate with others, prepare documentation, and/or analyze data.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.