Intern for Biomedical Equipment Services Department: Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - schedule could go through Summer 2020 and Fall Semester 2020 depending on students schedule.
The OSF Biomedical Services Intern gains on the job training by shadowing experienced Biomedical Services technicians and under the close supervision of local management. Duties include understanding the typical day of a technician and how to work in a hospital environment, how to respond to service calls, balancing workload, documentation of repairs and PMs, vendor management, learning how to calibrate equipment, troubleshooting techniques for various types of equipment, preventive maintenance procedures, electrical safety, and how to repair equipment. In this position, you will perform preventative maintenance procedures, inventory validation and have the opportunity to work alongside experienced technicians in a real-time service environment.
· Enrolled in the second year of a two-year program or in Junior year of a four-year degree program for Biomedical Equipment Repair, Biomedical Engineering, Clinical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Other related degree programs will be considered on a case by case basis.
· Ability to use hand tools and test equipment commonly associated with the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
· Ability to read and understand technical documentation, including schematic drawings.
· Ability to accurately distinguish color
· Proficiency with common Microsoft applications and ability to document in a computerized maintenance management database
· Written and oral communications skills appropriate to the healthcare environment.
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.