Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, assists in overseeing and directing patient care activities and unit personnel on assigned shift in order to ensure that high quality patient care. Determines work priorities, prepares daily work assignments, and monitors nursing care delivered. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Oversees staff on unit.
- The job incumbent is required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served on their assigned unit(s).
- This requires that the incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge of nursing practice and theory at a level that generally can be acquired by completion and graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse required.
- Requires completion of a bachelor's degree from an approved School of Nursing.
- Work requires 2 to 3 years of progressively more responsible experience with 6 months concurrent experience in appropriate clinical area in order to develop proficiencies in delivering high quality patient care services, develop an understand of work flow of patient care units, and to demonstrate proven leadership skills required by the position.
- Work requires substantial interpersonal skills to lead and direct the efforts of a group of professional and nonprofessional staff and to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with personnel from other departments.
- Work requires analytical ability necessary to develop monthly work schedules, adjust daily staffing levels, and make daily work assignments.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.