The eICU center Registered Nurse is a member of a collaborative team who is responsible for providing continuous vigilance and tele-nursing to a diverse population of critically ill adults across multiple ICUs at various hospitals. Provides proactive, continuous monitoring, prevention, early intervention and ongoing care with the goal to decrease ICU related morbidity and mortality. Utilizes evidenced based care and clinical decision support to guide practice. Acts as a patient advocate and resource to inpatient nursing staff. Reports to the eICU Operations Manager.
- Collects and analyzes patient and family data for the purpose of assessment, diagnosis and management
- Efficiently assembles a focused assessment of physiological, psychological, and medical record data.
- Uses critical thinking skills in diagnosing clinical problems and in defining interventions.
- Re-evaluates prior diagnoses and clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) at appropriate intervals in accordance to expected individual patient outcomes.
- Prioritizes clinical problems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Uses credible clinical decision support tools in determining evidence-based practices for clinical problems.
- Responds to routine, urgent and emergent patient problems appropriately by demonstrating effective decision making.
- Provides follow up to ensure problem resolution.
- Advocates needs and wishes of patients and families with regard to health care.
- Protects patient privacy and confidentiality by adhering to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Formulates and articulates succinct and comprehensive assessments of real or potential patient problems to the intensivist.
- Solves clinical patient problems independently and in a timely manner; communicates unresolved problems to the intensivist and takes over monitoring the intensivist’ s caseload until the situation is resolved.
- Prevents clinical problems from occurring by: Direct observation via teleconferencing, proactive surveillance of adverse physiological trends, assurance of appropriate ordered prophylactic strategies, medical chart review, appropriate reaction to alert(s).
- Updates ICU knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology, hemodynamics, bedside technology, and nursing care.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Learns basic and advanced features of the eCareManager™ System to enhance efficiently in assessment and documentation.
- Learns and updates word processing, email and web based skills to enhance communication and educational growth.
- Effectively communicates with members of the eICU center team and bedside ICU interdisciplinary team in a collegial manner to provide safe and error free care during routine care and emergent conditions.
- Provides courteous, enthusiastic phone communication to employees at hospital sites.
- Complies with best practices and other care directives that the hospital has endorsed in response to performance improvement initiatives.
- Reports clinical, administrative or technical problems that result in medical errors, unsafe care or sub optimal communication between eICU Center and ICU health care professionals.
- Current RN Illinois license
- Three years of recent experience as a staff nurse in adult critical care
- One to two years of past experience in a role which required effectively communicating and collaborating with health care professionals
- Current ACLS Provider Certification or completion within 90 days of hire
- Proficiency with Windows based computer applications
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Five years of recent experience as a staff nurse in the specialty field of adult critical care
- Current CCRN or CCRNe certification
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.