Reporting to the Manager of Clinical Education, and as a member of the education team, functions as an analyst, designer and developer, instructor, evaluator, consultant, and facilitator in a broad range of activities that lead to development and implementation of programs, instruction, and practice with emphasis on performance problems, clinical competencies, and professional development. Works in collaboration with the Learning Academy and unit/division leadership to develop an annual education plan and competencies. Acts as a catalyst for change and adapts to change in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies and role models the “Every Patient, Every Time” culture.
- Work requires an advanced professional level of knowledge of nursing practice and theory which can be acquired by completion of a Master’s degree in nursing which must be completed within four years of obtaining this position.
- Current State of Illinois license as a Registered Nurse required plus two years of clinical experience in area representing.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Certification is required within 30 days of hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and/or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Instructor certifications are required.
- At least four years of progressively more complex work-related experience including formal or informal teaching.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to develop and present educational programs to all levels of staff and to provide comfort and instruction to patients and their families.
- A demonstrated proficiency in relevant software applications and the ability to teach and support the instruction of the organization’s electronic medical record and other clinical computer programs.
- Analytical ability necessary to identify and assess the learning needs of staff and develop education programs that meet their needs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.