2200 E Washington St, Bloomington, IL, United States
The Registered Nurse:
Performs nursing activities in all phases of the management of the adult/pediatric patient's care. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing policy and procedure and approved nursing techniques. Prepares and operates equipment needed in the care of the patient. Assists physicians during treatments, procedures, and examinations. Records and notifies Physician and/or appropriate healthcare professionals of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents. Provides care for patients and family/ significant others across the life span based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of patients served in assigned service area.
Graduate in good standing of an accredited school of nursing.
Licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Illinois.
Prior experience within the hospital environment in the previous two years is preferred but not mandatory.
Knowledge of the nursing process thereby enabling him/her to provide care in conjunction with a Registered Nurse.
Must possess current comprehensive cognitive knowledge and technical skills in nursing and health care.
Must understand and practice patient confidentiality; displays problem identification and conflict resolution.
Skills and abilities:
• American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS. Certification in ACLS within 1 year of hire.
• MIS experience preferred
• Good communication skills
• Ability to operate various types of equipment ranging from but not limited to:
• cardiac/apnea monitors, IV pumps, non-invasive blood pressure monitors, and other equipment involved in the care of the patient.
• Demonstration of aseptic and sterile techniques and principles.
• Demonstration of use of standard precautions and approved isolation techniques
• Basic assessment skills
• Dysrhythmia recognition (except, Ambulatory Care Unit and Transitional Care Unit)
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.