The Speech Language Pathologist at OSF Home Care is responsible for visiting patients in their home to perform therapeutic evaluations, exercises and treatments to restore function and prevent disability following illness or injury as ordered by a physician and in accordance with State Practice Act and Home Care rules and regulations.
Provides hands-on care and participates in the development and periodic review of the plan of treatment in order to make changes as needed. Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, cognition, hearing and swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects of such disorders and conditions.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients serves. This requires that the clinician demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development, as well as physical, emotional, and psychosocial needs of the patient population served.
- Requires current state license to practice as a Speech Language Pathologist.
- One year recent speech/language pathology experience preferred.
- Membership in ASHA(American Speech and Hearing Association) is preferred.
- Home healthcare experience preferred.
- Must have CPR certification prior to patient contact.
- Must have knowledge of the treatment of physical and neurological disorders, with an understanding of problem solving and decision making.
- Proficient with electronic documentation, Microsoft programs including, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Provides own transportation with auto insurance and abides by all laws, rules and recommendations to comply with OSF Safe Driving Policies while on duty. Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Work schedule may include some weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work independently in virtual work environment and execute own workload.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.