· Gathers, verifies, and communicates data about the patient.
· Identifies and documents health care needs of the patient.
· Identifies patient goals in order to determine priority of care, expected outcomes, and to design strategies to achieve those goals.
· Assures uninterrupted care of the patient across the continuum.
· Completes nursing actions necessary for accomplishing plan of care.
· Determines the extent to which goals of care have been achieved.
· Demonstrates knowledge of "nursing team" concept.
· Recognizes the rights of patients through patient advocacy.
· Collects/processes specimens following established procedures.
· Performs waved procedures used in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
· Reports results.
· Performs quality control procedures.
· Performs instrument maintenance procedures.
Registered nurse licensed in the State of Illinois or eligible for licensure
BSN or BSN within 6 years of hire and enrolled within 18 months (signed agreement required)
Current CPR/BLS through American Heart Association
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification within six months of employment
Previous critical care experience preferred
Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community by clicking here.
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.